Release 1.2.6

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 | 09:48

Upon checking the extension with FF 4.0b2pre I discovered that the XML-export was broken, it produced an empty file. It turned out that obtaining the name and version of the extension, which is added to the XML-file, used some obsolete methods on the rdfExtension handler I had changed recently to support the new addon-manager.

Having fixed this bug I noticed an exception in the errorconsole which was caused by the fact that on a fresh profile the cleanup db not yet exists. If the preferences dialog is openend, it tries to determine the filesize which will cause an exception to be thrown.

Having fixed these issues I increased the maxVersion for the extension on Firefox to 4.0b2pre.

Release 1.2.5

Thursday, June 24, 2010 | 18:33

Did some more testing on the SeaMonkey nightly build which caused me to do some bugfixing.

I increased the maxversion of SeaMonkey to 2.1a3pre

I solved a little bug: when using a new profile, the formhistory is not created yet (by SM) and the extension should show a warning about that fact. Instead it displayed an error about the directory not being writable instead of a warning about the database not being created yet.

Added a workaround for SeaMonkey: In order to display translators/contributors in the about-dialog, the new Addon object (obtained from the new Addon manager) has no getResourceURL() method where it does exist(!) in FF.

Release 1.2.4

Sunday, June 20, 2010 | 11:05

The Portuguese translation for the latest version became available and is now included in this version.

I tested Form History Control on the nightly build of Firefox (3.7a6pre) to discover that the Extension manager had been replaced by a new Addon manager. This change affected both the About dialog and the information tab in the Preference dialog. Both dialogs display some information about the Extension itself which is obtained from the Extension manager. I had to make some changes in order to make it work with both the old and new manager.

Changed the Firefox maxVersion to 3.7a6pre in install.rdf.

I also tested the new beta version of the Flock browser. Since the new version is based on Google Chrome, the Form History Control Extension will no longer be supported.